Valued Outcomes for Californians
1. Individuals identify their needs, wants, likes and
2. Individuals make major life decisions.
3. Individuals make decisions regarding everyday matters.
4. Individuals have a major role in choosing the providers
of their services and supports.
5. Individuals' supports and services change as wants,
needs, and preferences change.
6. Individuals have friends and caring relationships.
7. Individuals build community supports which may include
service providers/professionals, and other community
8. Individuals are part of the mainstream of community
life and live, work and play in integrated environments.
9. Individuals' lifestyles reflect their cultural
10. Individuals are independent and productive.
11. Individuals have stable living arrangements.
12. Individuals are comfortable where they live.
13. Children live in homes with families.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
14. Individuals are safe.
15. Individuals have the best possible health.
16. Individuals know what to do in the event of threats to
health, safety and well-being.
17. Individuals have access to needed health care.
18. Individuals exercise rights and responsibilities.
19. Individuals are free from abuse, neglect and
20. Individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
21. Individuals receive appropriate generic services and
22. Individuals have advocates and/or access to advocacy
23. Individuals achieve personal goals.
24. Individuals are satisfied with services and supports.
25. Individuals are satisfied with their lives.
* Adopted by the Department of Developmental Services in May, 1995.